As part of the natural weathering process, cracks and splits will appear in the wood, particularly on the end grain, and to a lesser extent on the surface, within a few weeks.
As with other close grain hardwoods such as oak, this is the normal behaviour of timber.
With changing weather conditions, cracking will appear and disappear. The drier the wood, the more cracks will appear.
As natural oils and minerals in the wood evaporate due to exposure to the elements, the appearance of hardwood furniture can vary widely.
Wooden furniture may be left to turn a soft, silvery grey, and cleaned occasionally with soapy water. Alternatively treat is needed, many brands of wooden Furniture Care that available in the market such us RUBIO’s, OSMO, WOKA’s is specially formulated care products to preserve a beautiful rich finish and enhance the look of the wood.
These products will not eliminate splits and end grain cracks (which are to be expected and will not effect the strength and structure of the furniture) but will keep them to a minimum.
Teak trees are not indigenous to Indonesia but climatic conditions on Java are ideal for growing teak. Teak was originally introduced to the islands by Buddhist monks, some 700 years ago. When the Dutch colonized Indonesia in the 19th Century, they soon realized the opportunity to establish large plantations and introduced the sustainable plantation management systems that are still in use today.
Teak plantations are really no different than any other crop, except that the growing cycle is far longer. Within the plantations, the trees are continuously cared for by the local population and over their lifetime the trees are regularly pruned and the integrity of the plantations carefully maintained. This ultimately results in a better quality of timber – healthier wood, straighter grain and with less knots. Ideal for use in outdoor furniture.
We work continually with the managers of the government owned plantations and other interested parties to ensure that everything to do with our use of Teak is environmentally correct. and we have an SVLK / FLEGT certificate as a form of our concern for using teak wood based on COC to reduce act illegal logging.
We take great care that all our manufacturing activities follow good environmental practices for the good of our people and of the local communities.
Wicker Outdoor Furniture (Care)
1) Aluminium Frames (Construction Frame)
- Dust regularly to avoid dirt build-up.
- Do not use harsh abrasives to clean any metal surfaces.
- Clean with fresh, soapy water at least 3 monthly or more as necessary and dry after cleaning.
- If accidently bent out of shape, do not try to bend it back as it may damage the frame.
- Do not stand on any part of the frame, they are designed for sitting on only.
- Although our cushions are UV stabilised and treated. We strongly recommendthat cushions are covered or removed when not in use to protect the colour and keep them looking brand new.
- Our cushions are made from waterproof materials, and will not rot or otherwise deteriorate. However, mould will grow if cushions are stored wet. Simply allow them to gently drip dry out of the weather. All cushion covers are removable for washing, however must be replaced wet, to avoid shrinkage.
- Please refer to care instructions provided on inside of fabric for washing instructions.
3) Synthetic Wicker
- Avoid direct sunlight to avoid excessive fading and general damage, keep covered when not in use.
- Avoid extreme weather conditions, such as strong winds, hail, storms. Do not expose to temperatures outside of 0-35 degrees.
- Please clean regularly with fresh soapy water and dry using a damp soft clean cloth monthly or as often as necessary.
- Synthetic Wicker under glass should not at any time be exposed to UV light through the glass.
- Synthetic Wicker under glass is not covered under any warranty for damage from UV exposure through glass.
- Small amounts of wicker can pull away from the frame; this is not covered under the warranty. Simply apply clear outdoor silicone to the frame, then wrap the wicker back onto the frame and hold in place with masking tape. Remove the masking tape when dry
Wicker Outdoor Furniture (Warranty)
Total warranty is 1 years which mentioned :
- Wicker Warranty is limited to the original purchaser at the original delivery address for a period of 12 months starting from the date of full payment.
- Constuction Warranty Aluminum, Stainless, or other metal part is limited 1 years andaccordance with relevan care instuction.
- A claim under the Synthetic Wicker Warranty must be submitted to Always via email within 24hours of the fault occurring and within 12 months of the date of purchase, validated by providing a copy of the original sales order or tax invoice, digital photographic evidence and a brief description. The item must not be used until it has been repaired. Any further damage that occurs from use whilst an item is in need of repair will not be covered under warranty and may void further warranty claims.
- This Synthetic Wicker Warranty is subject to the Product being cared for in accordance with the relevant care instructions.
- Warranty avoid if tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for or in respect of :
- Normal wear and tear;
- the natural characteristics of the product;
- damage caused by any spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint or bodily fluids;
- damage caused by improper cleaning, negligence, treatment of the Product with chemicals, exposing the Product to the sun all the time, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps that are spreading too hot.